Thursday, February 07, 2008

ArtCroft residency day 4

Busy day!

After doing some work in the studio, I went to Carslile to mail a print that I sold on Etsy.

A neat Orderly Pile
I helped Robert take the veranda apart, remove the nails, and stack the destruction into a neat orderly pile.


atWork
I have started 3 oil paintings, and they all involve brightly colored trees. I am trying to work in series...each painting is unique, but they have a unifying look and feel...like they are all brothers and sisters.

I started a few smaller oil pastels that are in the same series.
greenTreeResized blueTree

Here is the oil pastel inspired by yesterday's sketch of the pond.
pond

I am feeling very productive here at artCroft!

peace
ken

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken have never done a blog before. Don't know if you will get it. I like your trees and the concept of unity. look forward to seeing the finished product.

Ken Swinson said...

hi,
thanks for the comment! I got the message with no problem.
keep your eyes on my website at
www.kenswinson.com
to see the latest/greatest

peace
ken