Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Artcroft day 9

snowy Hill Top Panorama
Today, I woke to the sound of ice sliding off the roof...crashing to the ground. A combination of sleet and snow fell for most of the day. The wintry mix changed the landscape from yellow to white.

 snowy trail
I took a break inbetween painting sessions and took a walk around the farm.

residents Quarters
A view of the resident's quarters.

I invited Robert and Maureen to visit my studio today. I asked Robert for a critique on my work, and was grateful for his insight. I admire anyone who can put words to the process of making visual art. It's always easy to say "I like this/I like that", but the ability to explain why something is working...or why something is not working. I hope I can develop that skill over time.

lookingAtArt

Sorry not to have new work for this post, but larger oil paintings take much more time to finish than smaller oil pastel paintings. I plan to have 2 or 3 finished tomorrow, so please keep watching this site!

peace
ken

No comments: