Saturday, February 09, 2008

Artcroft Day 6

I regret that I do not get to writing my blog post until the end of the day when my mind is mush...but I will try and recount another wonderful day at Artcroft.

This morning, I helped Robert sure up the roof for the chicken coop. The weather is supposed to take a turn for the worse, so it was good we were able to tighten it up.

I made 8 small oil pastel paintings. I am trying to explore a theme with slight variations. Some are good, some are bad and some are great, I will make large oil paintings out of the best small paintings. Feel free to comment on what you think is good, bad and ugly...it will help me with the decision making!

me With Work
me crosseyed from painting too much!

gettingARefreshingSipOfWater
clusterOfHousesgettingARefreshingSipOfWater
chickensInTree
floweringTreeWithLeaves
threeRowsOfHills
houseOnHillByCreek
monochromeTreeWithBirds
floweringTree

Late in the afternoon while preparing dinner, Maureen commented on the beautiful light outside. I decided to take a walk with my camera and try to capture some of that light.
treeInSun
outBuilding
studio
tallTree
sunset

I am having a great time out here. I can't express the good feeling that comes with a stay at Artcroft. Robert and Maureen are experts at creating a beautiful environment for creative thinking.

No comments: