Monday, September 24, 2007

A week flies by...

Sorry for not posting on the blog all week:

A week goes fast when you are keeping busy....or maybe I'm just getting old.

Last wednesday, I met Sue Gorman for plein air wednesday. We painted a covered bridge on North Pole road (it's just outside Ripley, Ohio). A deer came close to the site where we were painting, but ran away as soon as I got my camera in focus.

I did, however, get some snapshots of a pair of artists in their natural environment!

School's in full swing (week 6). It's taking a lot of time I would really rather spend being an artist.
 
I went down to Augusta and painted Rosemary Clooney's house.

I spent a day cutting wood into picture frames. I still have to putty and paint.

Monday, I drove to Flemmingsburg to paint and visit my friend and opera singer, Jessica Cain.

Tuesday was school for the first half of the day, followed by an afternoon of studio painting!

Hope you all had a great week!

Oh , I heard my painting for fresh art sold for $800 at the auction. It was a great painting, but I'm surprised (in a great way) it did so well!

peace
ken

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had a fun and busy week. That's so exciting to hear how well your painting did at auction. It's a great painting and I'm not surprised at all!!