Friday, June 29, 2007

I'm not dead...just working a lot!



Early this month was Augusta's Art In The Garden. June 3rd

I seriously considered not participating this year.
I've been in school all year, and unable to develop a strong body of work. I reluctantly decided to do the show since I have been in this show for the last 6 years, and it is in my home town.

The show was a success!
I have noticed that each year, the show is a bigger and bigger success. Many friends came to the show...some I had not seen for a few years. I had a great time, and am glad I decided to do the show after all. Thanks everyone for coming out!


Before the show, I had a few questions about the direction of my work.
Taking a year from studio work to study computers, I had moments when I thought I would like to work with computers to make a living. Other times, I deeply resented my studies and felt I was ruining my life depriving myself time to create artwork.

I have been working hard with my art since the show
I love being an artist. There are some exciting possibilities with technology that I will continue to pursue, but my primary objective is to be an artist, so that has been my focus over the summer.

A few shows are coming up:
I will be one of the exhibitors this saturday at 'the Written Word' bookstore in Ripley, Oh 4-8pm
also

  • one of a 3man show at 'Bananna Tree Studios' in Flemmingsburg, Ky -July Friday the 13th

  • 'Art In the Park' in Belleview, Ky -September 15

  • 'fresh art' at the Beringher-Crawford museum in Covington, Ky -Septemeber 16

  • 'hyde park square art show' in Cincinnati, Oh October 7


3 comments:

Carrie Frank said...

He's alive!! Glad to hear that you are not only still with the living, but even doing well! It's good to hear your show was a success and that you are having fun playing with your paints again. ;) Sounds like you have a busy line up ahead of you. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Is ken really somewhere in michigan on a bicycle? Inquiringminds want to know!

Ken Swinson said...

yeah... sorry about disappearing. I'm in Ann Arbor helping Samuel Ruder with the artshow.

It's a lot of work, so I don't get a lot of time to do email and work on my blog. The plan is to ride my bike around Michigan and Wisconsin until it's time for school to start.

Take a look at my website every now and then. I am trying to keep everyone updated.

peace
ken